1. Standard: GB ASTM, JIS, etc
2. Grade: Type 420 Stainless Steel
3. Diameter: 2mm-300mm
4. Shape Manufactured: Flat Bar, Square Bar,
Round Bar,Hex Bar and special shapes.
5. Length: 2.00m-6.00m or as customers’ request
6. Surface finish: #4 polish, #6 polish, #7 polish, and #8 mirror finish[restabs alignment="osc-tabs-left" responsive="false"] [restab title="Specification" active="active"]
SPECIFICATION OF 420 STAINLESS STEEL BAR
Grade 420 stainless steel is a higher carbon version of 410; like most non-stainless steels it can be hardened by heat treatment. It contains a minimum of 12 per cent chromium, just sufficient to give corrosion resistance properties. It has goodductility in the annealed condition but is capable of being hardened up to Rockwell Hardness 50HRC, the highest hardness of the 12 percent chromium grade. Best corrosion resistance is when the metal is hardened and surface ground or polished.
Yieh United Co. has the stainless steel bar products you need positioned in large depots to meet your demand. Yieh United Co. carries processed bars not only in different types, but also in various grades includes special free-machining grades, food industry-approved grades and materials includes low-sulfur material and dual-certified material.
The normal stock of stainless bar is around 20,000 tons, which ensure the delivery time and flexible choice for our customers.
|Stainless Steel Round Bar||420||Dia: 1.5mm-660mm||Black & Pickled & Bright||Get A Quote|
|Stainless Steel Flat Bar||420||thickness: 3mm-25mm
stock length: 2mm-10mm
|Black & Pickled & Bright||Get A Quote|
|Stainless Steel Square Bar||420||thickness:4mm-100mm (larger sizes available upon request)||Black & Pickled & Bright||Get A Quote|
|Stainless Steel Hex bar||420||thickness:4mm -76mm (larger sizes available upon request)||Cold rolled, bright surface, some
need to do
heattreatment properly according to customer’s
|Get A Quote|
420 STAINLESS STEEL BAR PROCESSING
You can select a number of processing options to produce stainless steel bars to their exact specification, reducing material costs, production time, scrap and internal handling.
|Long Porduct Processing Service Overview|
|Bar Cutting||Thickness range is 1/16'' to 28'' diameter. Products cut include round bar, flat bar, hex bar, square bar, tubing and hollow bar, pipe, angles, channles, beams and tees,|
|Bar Production Cutting||Yieh United can provide production cutting for product diameter up to 4''. We utilize our production equipment to achieve these precision cuts with tight tolerances. All products can be cut to exact requirements.|
|Bar Polishing||Round bar, square bar, hex & flat bar, angles, other shapes including tubular products have OD & ID polishing available.|
VALUE ADDED FOR 420 STAINLESS STEEL BAR
- Polishing: can polish any stainless steel bar item to a #4 polish, #6 polish, #7 polish, or a #8 mirror finish. Stainless steel polished bar can also be cut to size.
- Heatreating & Annealing: some grades of stainless steel bars can be heatreated to change the mechanical properties. Precipitation hardening stainless steel such as 17-4ph can be heattreated. 410 stainless steel bar can also be heatreated.
- Multiple cutting stations allow us to ship cut stainless bar to size when you need it.
- Grinding and polishing available upon request.
- Special heat treat requirement can also be supplied.
- Stainless round bars can also be polished or center-less ground to exact tolerance.
Typical compositional ranges for grade 420 stainless steel are given in table 1.
Table 1. Composition ranges for 420 grade stainless steel
|420||min. max.||0.15 -||- 1.00||- 1.00||- 0.040||- 0.030||12.0~14.0||-||-||-|
Typical mechanical properties for grade 420 stainless steels are given in table 2.
Table 2. Mechanical properties of 420 grade stainless steel
0.2% Proof (MPa)
(% in 50mm)
Charpy V (J)
|Annealed *||655||345||25||241 max||-|
|* Annealed tensile properties are typical for Condition A of ASTM A276;
annealed hardness is the specified maximum.# Due to associated low impact resistance this steel should not be tempered in
the range 425-600°C
Typical physical properties for annealed grade 420 stainless steel are given in table 3.
Table 3. Physical properties of 420 grade stainless steel in the annealed condition
of Thermal Expansion
|0-100°C||0-315°C||0-538°C||at 100°C||at 500°C|
Grade Specification Comparison
Approximate grade comparisons for 420 stainless steels are given in table 4.
Table 4. Grade specifications for 420 grade stainless steel
|Euronorm||Swedish SS||Japanese JIS|
|These comparisons are approximate only. The list is intended as a comparison of functionally similar
materials not as a schedule of contractual equivalents. If exact equivalents are needed original
specifications must be consulted.