In 2004, Shanghai Yieh United Corporation has induced Laser cutting machine from US. For Stainless steel plate which is thicker than 8 mm, we will apply water jet cutting. We provide customized service. We accept different format(PDF and CAD files are better for us) of document such as CAD files in .dxf or .dwg format, PDF scanned drawings, faxed drawings, or textual (i.e. descriptive) dimensions. We not only cut stainless steel material but also receive customers’ material.
About laser cutting
Laser cutting is used as a industrial tool for different factories. It has been widely used in different areas like school, labs, and hobbyist. It works by generating a directed output of a high power laser most commonly through optics. The laser optics and CNC (computer numerical control) are used to direct the material or the laser beam generated. A typical commercial laser for cutting materials would involve a motion control system to follow a CNC or G-code of the pattern to be cut onto the material. The focused laser beam directed at the material then either melts, burns, vaporizes away, or is blown away by a jet of gas,leaving an edge with a high-quality surface finish. Industrial laser cutters are used to cut flat-sheet material as well as structural and piping materials.
- Overview of Yieh United Corporation Stainless Products Plate Laser Value Add
1. High quality cuts available for large size sheet and plate.
2. Excellent thicker plate cutting capability.
3. Competitive price. Yieh United Corporation Stainless Products has over 10 years of processing experience to help customers select the most cost effective processing options that best meet their needs.
Guidance for Choosing Plate Laser to Cut Stainless Steel
1. High cut quality. Cut-perpendicularity tolerance less than 1°
2. Low cost cutting method, particularly for parts less than 15mm thick
3. Well for handling thicker thickness. Can handle plate up to 30mm thick.
4. Well for handling large plate sizes. Can handle plate up to 4000mm width X 18000 length.
5. Good tolerance on cut edge (±.2mm to 0.4mm, depending on gauge.)
6. Extremely versatile process enables very detailed 2D Geometry.
7. Narrow cutting width (Kerf is .2mm to .5mm on all thicknesses)
8. Can cut small holes
9. Creates much smaller HAZ area (.2mm to .3mm is typical), as compared to plasma cutting.
Less likely to lead to expensive secondary processing steps, as compared to plasma cutting.
10.Less downstream welding consumables are needed to fill gaps when welding parts together.
Facilitates the ability to robotically weld.
Plate-laser cutting (as does sheet-laser cutting) uses more heat.
Result in heat affected zone (HAZ) around the cut edge bur (albeit, a small one)
Not good for use with 400 series stainless steel due the heat shock.
The part to part spacing requirements for plate-laser cutting starts at 0.4mm and increases with material thickness. At 2.5mm thickness, the typical part-to-part spacing is 0.1mm.
Cost Factors to Consider when Comparing Processing Costs
The following three aspects are to be considered if customers need a laser cutting service.
It is less expensive than water-jet cutting, but more expensive than plasma cutting.
Laser cutting has advantages if parts less than 18mm thickness.
Laser cutting costs increase with thicker materials, but are typically still less than Dynamic Waterjet cutting costs.
>>Laser cutting can result in a material loss in a secondary process and scrap loss.
>>HAZ removal cost.
>>HAZ removal can do a very serious damage to tool life, which can add more cost to this processing.